Sunday, July 5, 2009

All my bags are packed.

Somehow.... they actually are. I don't know how it happened, but I know my good friend Liz had a lot to do with it earlier this afternoon.

Leaving is bittersweet, and goodbyes over the last few weeks have been really difficult. This semester has been defined by the wonderful and beautiful people who have entered into my life and changed it! It is very hard to close this dynamic chapter of my life, even if it was only for five short months.

I am THRILLED to be seeing my family in two days, and then working at my favorite place in the world - camp deer run. I am blessed to be going home to a very supportive and wonderful family and community as I begin to process this semester.

My last two weeks here have been amazing. I had a fantastic trip to Johannesburg and spent time with good friends and their families. Some highlights: went to the Confederations cup final game (USA vs. BRAZIL!!), Cradle of Humankind, Constitution Hill, game drive, Soweto, and saw a lot more of the city. I think the best part of that trip was meeting the families of my good friends and spending time with them :)

Arts Fest has proven to be absolute sensory overload, as expected. Some shows have been AMAZING, some not so good, but I don't regret going to any of them. Grahamstown truly comes alive during fest, and it has been really fun seeing it overflowing with people from all over South Africa and the world.

Please pray for my safe travels starting tomorrow. It will take me 24+ hours to get home. Here is the breakdown:

1.5 hrs from Grahamstown to P.E. Airport
a few hours in P.E. hanging out with my friend Katie who lives in P.E.
1.5 hrs P.E. to Johannesburg
a few hours in the JHB airport
8 hours JHB to a stopover in Dakar, Senegal
8 hours Dakar to JFK
a few hours in JFK airport
1.5 hours JFK to Boston
2 hours Boston to Wolfeboro

That is a rough total of 24 hours, give or take (I don't remember how long I am waiting in airports)

WHAT A TRIP! STARTING TOMORROW MORNING!

All my love to you faithful readers.

Much love,
Lindapants

1 comment:

  1. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

    Wow, Linda. I am praying for YOU :)

    ReplyDelete